Discover the 3 Key S/4HANA Cloud Value Levers
The rise of the digital enterprise and the constant increase of interconnectedness is driving a new business reality. Today’s business environment is more challenging than ever requiring real-time data, analysis, and response. SAP’s S/4HANA Cloud revolutionary in-memory ERP platform is helping businesses to face these challenges and become truly integrated digital enterprises. In this post, we’ll explore three key S/4HANA Cloud value levers; efficiency, effectiveness, and agility. We’ll also examine how those value levers are driving adoption of this innovative solution. Let’s take a look at how S/4HANA Cloud is changing the face of ERP.
Efficiency – Getting things done faster
When we talk about efficiency, we are really focusing on doing things more quickly, without impacting effectiveness and S/4HANA Cloud can help you produce valuable gains in this area in three main ways:
- S/4HANA Cloud accelerates execution: in-memory computing can reduce processing time for tasks that took hours down to seconds and analyses that took days down to minutes – letting you take action faster
- Using patterns, set criteria and algorithms, S/4HANA Cloud can also automate process steps to reduce effort levels – helping you save even more time
- Digital out-tasking is the third area where S/4HANA Cloud can improve efficiency, allowing you to shed non-core tasks and focus on your organization’s central mission
Effectiveness – Making sure things are done right (and still fast)
Effectiveness, in the context of ERP, is all about making sure the right processes are in place to achieve organizational objectives. The power of S/4HANA Cloud is all about enabling users to get insight and act on it in real-time. S/4HANA Cloud does this in three main ways:
- It allows organizations to cut down on the lag between signal and action by pre-analyzing and filtering incoming information and providing tools to respond quickly
- S/4HANA Cloud can also help organizations simplify processes by streamlining workflows and reducing or automating steps
- Finally, it can raise process intelligence by allowing you to access real-time data and analytics rather than having to depend on gut feel and guesstimates
Agility – Making change a part of SOP
When we talk about value levers for today’s competitive reality, agility – the ability to adapt and thrive in a changing business environment – is one of the most important. In the case of S/4HANA Cloud, agility revolves around three factors:
- Process flexibility
- Organizational agility
- Capacity to absorb and embrace process innovation
In the era of the digital enterprise, time to ponder, examine and fine-tune change is a luxury we simply no longer have. The new digital core provided by S/4HANA Cloud allows the digital enterprise to adapt on the fly. It allows organizations to change processes, patterns, analytics and reporting to keep ahead of market requirements instead of struggling to keep pace.
S/4HANA Cloud Value Levers – Efficiency, effectiveness, and agility for the right type of organization
At Beyond Technologies, we truly believe in the value proposition of S/4HANA Cloud for small and mid-sized organizations. Mid-size enterprises are no longer too small to implement an ERP system as they can benefit from a powerful platform in the Cloud, ease of set-up and standardized feature sets for simple and fast deployment.
As a member of the S/4HANA Cloud Lighthouse program, Beyond Technologies are early adopters and true believers in the power of the platform to help businesses become digital enterprises. Of course, it takes effort and commitment to implement something as powerful and transformative as S/4HANA Cloud. But we think the S/4HANA Cloud value levers of efficiency, effectiveness, and agility that S/4HANA Cloud provides to organizations are an equation for sustainable advantage.
This post is inspired by the SAP S/4HANA Cloud use case series written by Sven Denecken. If you want to take a deeper dive, you can find his fascinating posts here.
About the Author
Recognized for his thought-leadership in the area of S/4HANA On Premise, S/4HANA Cloud Edition and SAP Innovation solutions, Joel is a results-driven, highly energetic and passionate professional with over 25 years of combined solution and sales support in SAP Business Suite solutions (ERP, CRM, PLM, SCM). Find me on LinkedIn
111 Robert-Bourassa Blvd, Suite 4500
Montréal (Québec) H3C 2M1
2425 Matheson Blvd East
Mississauga (Ontario) L4W 5K4
15 Exchange Pl, Suite 620
Jersey City, NJ 07302
93, avenue Charles de Gaulle
2 Payne Road
Telephone: 514 227-7323
Fax: 1 888 679 0002
Toll Free: 1 877 449-7323